Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Accountability and Honesty..here I come!

So, where do I begin?

My name is Ashley. I am 25 years-old and I am getting married in three months. Well, three months and two days to be exact.

I am on a mission to get fit. When I say fit, I don't mean skinny: I've spent my entire life trying to get 'skinny'. I took the batteries out of the scale and I no longer care about the number. It's time to get in-shape, to eat-clean, to be able to run free down the beach on my honeymoon wearing nothing but an itty bitty bikini..and to love every second of it.

So this is my journey. I have a beautiful, wonderful, motivating trainer named Tara, and together we are going to take on the world! (hehe). I am eating clean, working out (lifting heavy weights!), and leg day makes me want to cry (I have a few times). I may even do a bikini competition once our honeymoon is over.

I have been doing this new 'program' for two weeks now, and to be honest, this past week I kind of fell off the wagon. Wow, Ashley, you couldn't even make it two weeks! It's crunch time. I am doing this for me, for the little fat girl that will always hold a huge part of who I am, and for my soon-to-be husband, who thinks I am beautiful no matter what, but I'm sure would love to see my confidence in a bikini improve. ;)

I need to 'tone', which I have discovered means I need to build muscle (and I won't end up looking like the incredible hulk!), and I need to work on how I see myself. No more 60+ minute sessions on the treadmill and no more diet-coke. No more sugar-free jello cups and no more carbs after 3pm. This girl is on a mission!! Join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment